Using an electronic interface to directly connect a gaging device to InfinityQS, or any other software application, will greatly enhance your real-time data collection ability. An electronic interface will minimize collection times and eliminate errors typically associated with manual data collection. Multiple channel electronic gage interfaces, typically referred to as gage multiplexers, allow you to connect multiple gaging devices to a single serial communication port on your computer.
Enlarge this picture
4 Channel Universal Gage Multiplexer
InfinityQS Mux2/4 Gage Multiplexers
The InfinityQS Mux2/4 line of advanced gage interfaces incorporates the latest in 32-bit microprocessor technology; giving our gage interfaces advanced features not normally found in gage multiplexers at any price. Coupled with our highly respected support services and reputation for quality, you can be assured that our InfinityQS Mux2/4 gage interfaces will provide years of trouble free service.
Digital / Serial Gage Connection
The InfinityQS Mux2/4 connects digital gages such a Mitutoyo, Fowler, Federal Maxum, Chicago Dial Indicator, Mahr, Starrett, Brown & Sharp, and more, along with serial devices like scales, balances, counters, coordinate measuring machines and others. These digital/serial devices can be mixed or matched side-by-side giving you complete control of your data collection process.
The Port+ is a feature exclusive to InfinityQS Mux2/4 product line. The Port+feature can be used as an extra input to connect a serial device such as a scale, or it can be used to connect multiple interfaces to a single serial port on your computer.
Universal Input / Standardized Output
The universal input of the InfinityQS Mux2/4 allows greater flexibility for selecting gaging to better fit your system requirements. The InfinityQS Mux2/4converts the reading from any gage connected into a standardized output format that can be read by virtually all SPC applications.
Ease of Use
With Connect 'n Collect ease, the InfinityQS Mux2/4is ready to collect data right out of the box. No more struggling with DIP switches or the need to install special configuration software is required. The InfinityQS Mux2/4 is shipped ready to use with power supply and cable for easy connection to your computer.
The InfinityQS Mux2/4incorporates many advanced features beyond those of our competitors. In fact, many of our customers find these features so valuable, they say we are in a league of our own.
- High speed MIN/MAX/TIR readings - simultaneously on all gages
- Average / Range output
- Inch to Millimeter conversion
- Supply power to gage inputs
- Host request readings
- Take continuous readings
- Sign change of data
- Advanced math functions
- Global data sending
- Custom features available upon request
Product Specifications - InfinityQS Mux2/4
- Universal connection of up to 5 Digital / Serial Tools per InfinityQS Mux (i.e. Calipers, Micrometers, Scales...)
- Trigger data by individual port or globally - all gages connected
- Dynamic operating modes include: MIN, MAX and TIR
- Standard RS232 output including gage ID for SPC analysis
Universal Gage Input
- Connect digital gages from Mitutoyo, Fowler, Federal Maxum, Chicago Dial Indicator, Mahr, Starrett, Brown & Sharpe and more
- Connect serial devices such as weight scales, balances, counters, coordinate measuring machines and other serial output devices
- Each port individually configured
Optional Units Available
- Mitutoyo only
- Data send button per input
- Analog input
- Use a fifth (Mux4) or third (Mux2) input to connect to serial devices using standard serial cables.
- Use as backplane to connect multiple InfinityQS Mux2/4 for up to 99 digital/serial gage inputs
- All readings can be triggered by gage send button, remote footswitch or host commands
- Readings can be taken in individual or global mode
Computer Port Settings
Baud: 9600, Parity: None, Data Bits: 8 and Stop Bits: 1; i.e. 9600,n,8,1
26 ASCII character, comma separated output:
- NNNN - Reading Number, 4 characters
- ####.##### - Reading Value, 10 characters
- MMMMM - Output Mode, 5 characters
- PP - Multiplexer Port Number, 2 characters
- <cr><lf> - Record Terminator (Carriage Return + Line Feed), 2 characters
5 ½" L x 5 ½" W x 1 ½" H
Power Input Requirements
- 7 to 9 volts DC (vDC)
- 300 milliamps
- Positive (+) center tap
- Mux2: 2 - 10 pin input connectors
- Mux4: 4 - 10 pin input connectors
- Footswitch Jack (2.5mm) per input
- Data Send LED per input
- Port+, DB9M RS232 Connector
- Output, DB25F RS232 Connector
- Power Jack
- Reset Button
- Power LED