While the DMS is ideal for users that need to combine data from multiple data sources, the Data Acquisition System is a cost effective option for users who simply need to read external data into their ProFicient database. The tools within DAS provide a direct interface between common plant control solutions and ProFicient. Each tool within DAS is priced individually. Each DAS tool has the ability to automatically sample data then write subgroups directly to ProFicient. Once configured, DAS’ automated data collections require no user interaction.
The following options are available:
- OPC Client: This module acquires a specific block of data from an OPC server at pre-defined time intervals.
- CheckWeigher Data Acquisition Driver: This module acquires a continuous stream of readings from a high-speed scale. It processes the collected information and saves its summarized results as ProFicient subgroups at predetermined intervals.
- Wonderware Live Data Driver: This module acquires a specific block of data from Wonderware Live Data tables at predetermined time intervals.
- GE Proficy: This module acquires a specific block of data from GE Proficy at predetermined time intervals. It converts and writes each block of data as a ProFicient subgroup. Once configured, a fully automated subgroup data collection system requires no user interaction.
- ZEISS CMM Driver: This module acquires specific blocks of data from a Zeiss UMESS CMM data file then converts and writes the data blocks as ProFicient subgroups.
- PC-DMIS Data Acquisition Utility: This module acquires data from PC-DMIS formatted CMM measurement values and writes them into a ProFicient database. This module is especially useful when PC-DMIS measurement routines or test features frequently change in a job shop environment.