As the leading provider of real-time Statistical Process Control (SPC) software and solutions, InfinityQS®
International Inc. (InfinityQS) understands the importance of the privacy of personal information. We are committed to making sure you understand how carefully we handle any personal information you may provide to us. By personal information
or personal data,
we mean data that relate specifically to you as a person, such as your name, address, phone number, or email address. InfinityQS is committed to strong and transparent privacy practices.
, the home site for InfinityQS, and its related regional websites, specifically www.infinityqs.co.uk
, and www.infinityqs.de
The Personal Information We Collect
In order to better serve our clients and those interested in our products and services, InfinityQS may collect both personal and non-personal information through our websites. InfinityQS’s website is designed to allow you to visit it anonymously to learn about the company, our products, and many of our customer success stories without disclosing personal information. InfinityQS collects personal information about you when you provide it directly to us or when we receive your personal information from third parties such as our business partners and service providers.
For example, if you request certain information (like a risk-free trial of our ProFicient™ or Enact®
SPC software) or take certain actions (such as viewing a webinar or downloading a white paper), we will ask you for personal information that allows us to respond effectively to your request. The information we request is contact information that might appear on a business card, such as your first and last name, job role and responsibility, company name, address, email address, phone number, and the objective you are seeking to achieve.
Please note that some forms on our website require an email address to perform the task you are requesting, so consent is automatically granted with respect to your email address. These forms include our blog-feed signup, technical support forms, and the form for requesting to become a channel partner. None of these actions will place you into our email marketing campaigns but consent is assumed for the action you have requested. If you don’t want to hear from us via email or phone, just don’t complete the form. If you’d like to remove yourself from additional emails, please follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
If you register to attend our annual user conference, Infusion, we will collect credit card information from you if you elect to pay for the registration by credit card. We use your credit card information only to process your purchase through a credit card processor and we use secure socket layer (SSL) technology to encrypt your credit card number when we communicate it to the processor. We do not retain your credit card information after your order is processed.
Cookies and Other Non-Personal Information
Cookies for performance and analytics
Cookies for advertising
and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Consumer Choice Page
. Users in the EU can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu
for more information about your choices and to opt out of participating service providers.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
InfinityQS uses personal information to provide, administer, and improve our software solutions; better understand your needs and interests; fulfill requests you make; personalize your experience; provide announcements about our products and services; provide you with information and offers from InfinityQS and our business partners; protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, or illegal activity; and comply with legal obligations.
We may ask for your consent to collect personal information on our website for various purposes, such as:
- Fulfilling requested services such as a trial or demo CD of our products or a webinar
- Contacting you about products or services we think may be of interest to you
- Sending you promotional materials
Every email we send includes a link allowing you to unsubscribe from future marketing communications. If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you can opt out of receiving them by clicking that link. You can also let us know your preferences by emailing us at sales@InfinityQS.com
or by sending a request to us using the contact information provided in the How to Contact Us
Sharing the Personal Information We Collect
InfinityQS will not sell, rent, or give away personal information to other companies for use in selling others' products or services. We do, however, use third parties to provide us with necessary services such as credit card processing, shipping, or providing internet service. When you request a service from us, such as a risk-free trial or demo CD of our products, or when you register for Infusion, we will share your personal information as necessary for that third party to provide that service. Such third-party providers include credit card processors, delivery companies, and other service providers that enable us to fulfill a request from a client.
Infusion and Other Company-Sponsored Events
InfinityQS hosts an annual user conference called Infusion to explore the real issues our clients face every day in maintaining quality in their manufacturing process. When you register on our website to attend this event, we request certain information from you, such as your name, email address, company, and industry. As discussed above, we will also collect credit card information if you elect to purchase your registration by credit card, but we share that information only with the credit card processor and do not retain your credit card information after your registration has been processed.
Lawful Basis for Collecting Personal Data
We will use your personal information only if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include performance of a contract, our legitimate interests or the legitimate interest of others, and consent, as further described below.
Performance of a Contract
We process the following categories of personal information in order to provide information, software, or services that you request in our performance of a contract to which you are a party. Examples of data needed for purposes of performing a contract include:
- Contact name, company, and job title
- InfinityQS account information
- Email address
- Physical address
- Telephone number
Failure to provide such personal information may result in your inability to use some or all portions of the services or software that require such data.
We process personal information when we believe doing so furthers our legitimate interest or the legitimate interest of third parties. Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- If you are one of our clients
- Operation and improvement of our business, products, and services
- Marketing of our products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations, including compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us
- Completion of corporate transactions, including the sale or other transfer of all or part of our business
- When we believe such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights
- A request from law enforcement authorities
In some cases, we process personal information based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process personal information based on your consent, we will indicate that to you at the point and time of collection.
Other Processing Grounds
From time to time we may also need to process personal information to comply with a legal obligation if the data are necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects or if they are necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
We retain personal information about inactive, non-customers for 2 years. For customers, we retain personal information for as long as you have a customer relationship with us or as long as needed to provide you with our software and services, and thereafter as set forth in our service agreement with you.
In some cases, we retain personal information longer if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule, or regulation. Upon disposal, we will destroy or render unreadable any such personal information. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
At InfinityQS, we are committed to giving you a choice, whenever possible, as to how we use your information. You can always change your preferences by clicking the Unsubscribe
You can control use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Access data—You can request to see or receive a copy of the personal information InfinityQS maintains about you and request a copy of such personal information in electronic form at no charge.
- Rectification of data—If you believe that any personal information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct, update, or supplement such data.
- Erasure—You can request that we erase some or all of your personal information from our systems. Please note that if you request the deletion of information required to provide software or services to you, you may lose access to those products or services.
For all requests for data changes and deletions, please visit our Data Privacy Help
page. We will fulfill your request within 30 days.
EU Personal Data
If you are located in the EU, United Kingdom, Liechtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) related to your personal data, as described below. InfinityQS will be the controller of your personal data.
In addition to the rights described in the section above, you have additional rights with respect to your personal information, and InfinityQS has provided processes to ensure that your data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Portability—You can ask for a copy of your personal information in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent—If we are processing your personal information based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain personal information, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our products or services.
- Objection—You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your personal information for certain purposes, such as for marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing—You can ask us to restrict further processing of your personal information. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about InfinityQS’s practices with respect to your personal information with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
The security of your personal information is important to us. As a result, InfinityQS uses a number of generally accepted industry standard measures to protect against loss or unauthorized access to the personal information that we have received. These measures include administrative policies and procedures, as well as technical safeguards. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. As a result, although InfinityQS strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, it cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In the unlikely event that an unauthorized individual has acquired, or we reasonably believe an unauthorized individual has acquired personal information from us and applicable law requires notification, InfinityQS will notify the affected customers of that breach. We will provide such notice promptly, although notification may be delayed if InfinityQS or any law enforcement agency determines that notification would hinder an investigation.
If you have questions about security on our website, you may email us at marketing@InfinityQS.com
How to Contact Us
or contact us by mail at the following address or by phone at the number listed below:
InfinityQS International, Inc.
12601 Fair Lakes Circle, Suite 250
Fairfax, VA 22033
Phone: +1-(703) 961-0200
Effective Date: May 25, 2018