A Three-step Process
To create a Microsoft Access database for use with InfinityQS involves the following key operations:
- Create and name a data source
- Create an empty .mdb database file
- Build InfinityQS™ tables
Step by Step Directions
Use the Following Directions to Create a Microsoft Access Database:
- Load InfinityQS Database Manager - Start > Programs > InfinityQS SPC Suite > Utilities > Database Manager.
- From the Data Source dialog box, click More.
- From the Data Source Connect dialog box, click Browse.
- From within the Select Data Source dialog box, set focus to the Machine Data Source folder and click New.
- From the Create New Data Source dialog box, select the User or System Data Source. (For NT machines, User data sources can only be seen by the person that created the data source. System data sources can be seen by anyone logged on to the computer.) Click Next.
- From the Create New Data Source dialog box (this dialog is different than the one in step 5, but the title bar is the same), select Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) from the Name list. Click Next.
- From the Create New Data Source dialog box (this dialog is different than the one in step 6, but the title bar is the same), verify listed information, click Finish.
- From the ODBC Microsoft Access Setup dialog box, type a name for your data source in the Data Source Name field. This name should remain consistent among all computers connected to the database. Click Create.
- From the New Database dialog box, type a name for the .mdb file in the Database Name field. Save the file to a path of your choice. After the path has been specified, click OK.
- An ODBC Microsoft Access Setup message box will display indicating that the database <path name> was successfully created. Click OK.
- From the ODBC Microsoft Access Setup dialog the new database path name will be displayed in the Database frame. Click OK.
- From the Select Data Source dialog box, the new database should be highlighted. If it is not, click on newly named data source in the Data Source Name list and then click OK.
- A red Error message box will display. This box indicates that the data source is missing tables. Click Yes. InfinityQS will automatically build all necessary database tables.
- After a few moments the InfinityQS Database Manager utility will be in focus with the new data source name in the title bar. The title bar should read InfinityQS Database Manager - <data source name>.
Toll Free: 1.800.772.7978